Upgrade to Win 8 on "real deal" machine
I've migrated a clone of my work machine to Windows 8 as I was moving it to VM and here is what I can say:
1. Installation process forced me to uninstall: Daemon Tools, Acronis True Image Home (for backups), Dell Touchpad, Bluetooth Software. So as you see -> nothing too bad.
2. After installation I found PowerShell scripts not working. This is fixed by passing "-Version 2" parameter to PowerShell command.
3. Re-install VMWare products was required.
4. Firefox synchronization was broken. Had to re-pair.
5. iTunes had to be re-authorized on the machine (so don't forget to unauthorize before upgrade).
There is tons of stuff on my machine and I'd say thats a really short list for an upgrade. Who knows, maybe one day MS users won't be afraid getting to the next version as their Apple friends 😉
pingback of Google+ post on November 04, 2012 at 10:13PM